?To help you talk up the district – whether out and about as part of your role or at home talking to friends and family – we've drawn together some information to help you.
You'll find the key talking points below attached as a Word document.
You can use all of these messages and materials in your conversations, on your social media channels and on your email signatures.
We've written some ready-made social media posts for you to use as template to make it easy to post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media you use. You'll find these
Of course, you need pictures too so please find some graphics and images here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/co0g0u1xgpsfek0/AACW0BwptqucvQZFTK_uvfKBa?dl=0
Please use these materials to help you understand why this is so exciting for the district and tell others about it – whether in real life or via your online presence.
Thank you - the Bradford 2025 team
Six things to know and share about BD25
- Bradford shortlist: On Saturday 19 March 2022, Bradford was officially named by the DCMS as one of four places shortlisted to be the next UK City of Culture 2025
- It's our time: Without a doubt we are in this to win it. Bradford is so up for being the next UK City of Culture!
- Youngest: As the UK's youngest city (29% of its population under 20 and nearly a quarter under 16), young people have been instrumental in shaping Bradford's bid
- Most diverse: As the most diverse place in the competition, the city of culture designation is an opportunity to tell the district's story in its own voice, offering a platform for the experiences of our many communities and cultures.
- Levelling up: Bradford district was recently named by an independent report as the city with the most to gain from the Levelling Up agenda. Everyone is seeing its ambition and potential.
- Culture driving investment: Public and private sector businesses are backing the bid. There's a huge appetite amongst stakeholders here to support Bradford if we win because culture is a proven catalyst for attracting inward investment
and driving inclusive growth.
2025 Talking points