Links for Chartermark Moderation Day booking:
1. This link takes you to one date in April 2023.
SLA Online (sla-online.co.uk)
2. This link gives the rest of the dates in April, May and June 2023 www.skills4bradford.co.uk
Please contact us to sign up for 2023-2024 - the email is at the bottom of this page - we can still take a small number of schools
The BRADFORD HEALTHY MINDS CHARTERMARK AWARD CEREMONY IS LIKELY TO BE ON TUESDAY 2nd JULY 2023. Venue to be confirmed.
WE ARE NOW TAKING A MORE FLEXIBLE APPROACH WITH THE CHARTERMARK BEING UNDERTAKEN IN THREE PHASES:
- Phase 1 (this can be in any term): In order to participate with the Chartermark, it is important that you have undertaken the
DfE Approved Senior Mental Health Leads Course as it provides an important overview of the whole school approach, and the knowledge you will need to undertake it. https://bso.bradford.gov.uk/content/educational-psychology/healthy-minds/bradford-dfe-accredited-mental-health-leads-training.
- Phase 2 (this can be in any term, and schools might choose to take 2 terms to do it):
undertake audit/action planning, and an APDR cycle to show that changes have been made
- Phase 3 : send in audit/action plan/evidence and book a date for moderation.
Moderation date bookings will therefore be held right across the year, and you would work with your support EP to identify which date to go for.
The Award ceremony will still take place every July, and you will be invited for that date even in you actually passed your moderation visit in January (for example).
Healthy Minds Chartermark Rationale
1. The purpose of the SILVER Chartermark is to provide an opportunity for schools and settings in Bradford to showcase the development of their whole school ethos and policy with regard to mental health and emotional wellbeing based on a
foundation of relational practice. This means the implementation and learning of rules and boundaries is within a safe and secure relationship based approach for children and staff. The Chartermark is based on eight key principles for mental health and wellbeing
as recognised by Public Health England. (Criteria for participation is to have undertaken the DfE Approved Senior Mental Health Leads Training)
2. The GOLD Chartermark provides schools with the opportunity to demonstrate how they have used data to show the impact of support on a cohort of children or parents, or casestudies of children, to improve their emotional wellbeing. (Criteria
for participation is to have achieved the SILVER Chartermark Award).
3. The PLATINUM Chartermark provides schools with the opportunity to showcase their staff supervision approach, necessary to maintain safe practice and good mental health and wellbeing of employees and pupils.
The Platinum Award automatically leads on to Beacon School Status with Bradford Authority. Schools achieving this status level demonstrate exceptional practice regarding whole school inclusion relating to mental health and wellbeing. Their
methods and practices are highly valued within the Bradford district and they may be adopted by other schools.
These school are available to share their good practice with others.
Sustaining Good Practice
Schools undertaking the chartermark award, whichever stage they wish to be at, will be expected to demonstrate that they have addressed the feedback received at their last moderation in order to sustain their status every three years. This will take the
format of a simple evidence request.
This is to ensure that standards remain high within our Healthy Minds Chartermark Schools.
The Chartermark Process
Ensure you read the Chartermark document thoroughly so you are clear on the extent of your undertakings, in terms not only of time and operational activity, but also in terms of the impact of cultural change in your school. Once you are sure you wish to
undertake the Chartermark, email us on EmotionalWellbeingChartermark@bradford.gov.uk , and EP support will be organised to guide you through the process.
Please download the documents you need:
SILVER AWARD PROCESS This is the most important document as it contains the audit tool and action plan as well as an explanation of the proces
GOLD AWARD PROCESS This is a brief explanation of the GOLD process which includes criteria for achieving the gold award, & information on the moderation
SILVER MODERATION DAY This is a brief explanation of the moderation day and criteria for silver
SILVER AWARD EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION This is a short pdf describing how the evidence should look for silver
GOLD AWARD EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION This is a short pdf describing how the evidence should look for gold
PLATINUM AWARD LEADING TO BEACON SCHOOL EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION - please email us to request this information (unable to load currently)
PLATINUM AWARD LEADING TO BEACON SCHOOL MODERATION DAY AND PROCESS - please email us to request this information (unable to load currently)
If you have difficulty downloading any of these documents, please email us on EmotionalWellbeingChartermark@bradford.gov.uk
FLYER for the Bradford Senior Mental Health Leads Course
Costs and Support
The Healthy Minds Chartermark is fully subsidised for Bradford Local Authority Schools, Free schools and Academies.
Independent schools are also welcome to take part and will receive basic support to set the project up. However additional time in school for activities such as training or onsite meetings will be charged at the normal hourly rate (£95p/h)
Within the Bradford District, schools partaking in the Chartermark are also able to access fully
subsidised training resources and support provided by the
Mental Health Champions.
On gaining each level of the award, schools will be able to showcase their achievements by:
- Receiving their award at a ceremony where the media will be invited to attend
- Receiving a formal certificate which can be displayed in school
- Receiving a bespoke trophy which can be displayed in school
- Receiving a banner which can be displayed on the outside of the school
- Beacon Schools are awarded a differently designed banner to reflect their status within Bradford Local Authority.
Many Thanks for your participation!
Dr Kay Tasker-Smith - Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist for Healthy Minds Chartermark and DfE Approved Senior Mental Health Leads course.