Please contact us to sign up for next academic year; 2023-2024 - the email is at the bottom of this page
The BRADFORD HEALTHY MINDS CHARTERMARK AWARD CEREMONY WILL BE ON 4th JULY 2023 FOR THE 22-23 COHORT AT THE MIDLAND HOTEL
WE ARE NOW TAKING A MORE FLEXIBLE APPROACH WITH THE CHARTERMARK BEING UNDERTAKEN IN THREE PHASES:
- Phase 1 (this can be in any term): In order to participate with the Chartermark, it is important that you have undertaken the
DfE Approved Senior Mental Health Leads Course as it provides an important overview of the whole school approach, and the knowledge you will need to undertake it. https://bso.bradford.gov.uk/content/educational-psychology/healthy-minds/bradford-dfe-accredited-mental-health-leads-training.
- Phase 2 (this can be in any term, and schools might choose to take 2 terms to do it):
undertake audit/action planning, and an APDR cycle to show that changes have been made
- Phase 3 : send in audit/action plan/evidence and book a date for moderation.
Moderation date bookings will therefore be held right across the year, and you would work with your support EP to identify which date to go for.
The Award ceremony will still take place every July, and you will be invited for that date even in you actually passed your moderation visit in January (for example).
Healthy Minds Chartermark Rationale
1. The purpose of the SILVER Chartermark is to provide an opportunity for schools and settings in Bradford to showcase the development of their whole school ethos and policy with regard to mental health and emotional wellbeing based on a foundation of relational
practice. This means the implementation and learning of rules and boundaries is within a safe and secure relationship based approach for children and staff. The Chartermark is based on eight key principles for mental health and wellbeing as recognised by Public
Health England. (Criteria for participation is to have undertaken the DfE Approved Senior Mental Health Leads Training)
2. The GOLD Chartermark provides schools with the opportunity to demonstrate how they have used data to show the impact of support on a cohort of children or parents, or casestudies of children, to improve their emotional wellbeing. (Criteria for participation
is to have achieved the SILVER Chartermark Award).
3. The PLATINUM Chartermark provides schools with the opportunity to showcase their staff supervision approach, necessary to maintain safe practice and good mental health and wellbeing of employees.
4. The MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING BEACON SCHOOL Chartermark Award is given to those schools who have achieved Silver, Gold and Platinum, and are able to (a) demonstrate exceptional practice in a focus area, for example, exceptional work with parents / community,
or are enaged in research or publication of work related to improving mental health and wellbeing (b) are able and willing to model and provide IAG to other schools with in the Bradford area.
The Chartermark Process
Ensure you read the Chartermark document thoroughly so you are clear on the extent of your undertakings, in terms not only of time and operational activity, but also in terms of the impact of cultural change in your school. Once you are sure you wish to
undertake the Chartermark, email us on EmotionalWellbeingChartermark@bradford.gov.uk , and EP support will be organised to guide you through the process.
Please download the documents you need:
SILVER AWARD PROCESS This is the most important document as it contains the audit tool and action plan as well as an explanation of the proces
GOLD AWARD PROCESS This is a brief explanation of the GOLD process which includes criteria for achieving the gold award, & information on the moderation
SILVER MODERATION DAY This is a brief explanation of the moderation day and criteria for silver
SILVER AWARD EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION This is a short pdf describing how the evidence should look for silver
GOLD AWARD EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION This is a short pdf describing how the evidence should look for gold
PLATINUM AWARD EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION - please email us to request this information (unable to load currently)
BEACON SCHOOL EVIDENCE DESCRIPTION - this is still under development but will soon be available.
If you have difficulty downloading any of these documents, please email us on EmotionalWellbeingChartermark@bradford.gov.uk
FLYER for the Bradford Senior Mental Health Leads Course
Costs and Support
The Healthy Minds Chartermark is fully subsidised for Bradford Local Authority Schools, Free schools and Academies.
Independent schools are also welcome to take part and will receive basic support to set the project up. However additional time in school for activities such as training or onsite meetings will be charged at the normal hourly rate (£95p/h)
Within the Bradford District, schools partaking in the Chartermark are also able to access fully
subsidised training resources and support provided by the
Mental Health Champions.
On gaining each level of the award, schools will be able to showcase their achievements by:
- Receiving their award at a ceremony where the media will be invited to attend
- Receiving a formal certificate which can be displayed in school
- Receiving a bespoke trophy which can be displayed in school
- Receiving a banner which can be displayed on the outside of the school
Many Thanks for your participation!
Dr Kay Tasker-Smith - Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist for Healthy Minds Chartermark and DfE Approved Senior Mental Health Leads course.