IT’S THE MONTH OF MARCH; TIME TO RAISE AWARENESS AND FUNDS
During the month of March we celebrate our children and young people who happen to have Down syndrome. The 21st March every year is recognised internationally as a day to raise awareness of the extra chromosone on the 21st pair. People with Trisomy 21 have
an extra chromosone, and so 3 chromosones, rather than 2, on the 21st making it a 'tri' rather than a pair.
Our logo features 46 yellow dots with a 47th blue one at the centre; the 47th chromosone.
We have launched a webpage to help promote awareness and raise funds this month.
Follow the link below to learn about:
· The launch of our Health Pathway
· The launch of our FREE training modules for midwives and health visitors
· School assemblies
· Doing 21 things to raise £21
· Free training on Down syndrome for all involved across education, health and social care (3rd May)
· Our Open Day on Wednesday 22nd March
Visit: World Down Syndrome Events | Down Syndrome T&SS (downsyndromebradford.com)
And spread the word now to all of your family, friends and colleagues.