Three day course - Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid and Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work.
This Ofqual regulated three day course is ideal for settings who need both Paediatric First Aiders and First Aid at Work First Aiders. Attendees can achieve TWO regulated qualifications: Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid & Level 3 Award in First Aid
By combining the shared aspects of the two qualifications, learners can save TWO DAYS away from the workplace & totally remove duplication in training. If taken separately, these two qualifications take five days to achieve, but by delivering combined
assessments, covering adult and child first aid protocols alongside each other you can achieve two qualifications in 3 days. Please be aware that to make this possible the 3 days are long days.
Certificates are valid for three years and can be renewed by re-attending this course.
Students will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge, so that they can deal promptly and competently with situations that may arise when caring for children and babies.
- Settings that have a requirement for both Adult and Paediatric First Aiders Workplaces that have children visiting/using the premises.
- Childcare workers who value receiving extra training in adult first aid protocols (including adult specific conditions such as heart attack)
- The qualification may also be used as evidence for those working towards an NVQ in Child Care and Education (Level 3)
This course syllabus has been designed in accordance with the UK resuscitation guidelines and meets the requirements of:
- Health and Safety Executive (First Aid at Work) Act
- Ofsted / DfE
- Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
- NVQ in childcare and education
It is also recommended that First Aiders should attend an annual 3 hour refresher course in years 1 & 2 to help ensure that their skills and knowledge are kept up to date. In the 3rd year the individual will need to attend this course if they wish to maintain
Please note: You must arrive at the venue for 9.00 at the latest, you must also stay for the full duration of the course as it is a requirement that you have undertaken 21 Hours training prior to taking the assessment.
If you arrive after this time you will not be allowed onto the course and may be charged the full cost.