POSTPONED FROM SEPTEMBER
Signing and children with Down syndrome
Session 1 - Friday 4th November 2022
Session 2 - Friday 11th November 2022
Time 9.30 until 11.30am both days
This training is over two mornings. Session 1 covers why we use
signing with children with Down syndrome and the signs for manners, animals, food, family and other people, and the alphabet.
Session 2 covers signs for the home, school day, colours, descriptions, time/days, questions and connective/link words. Followed by a
discussion on how behaviour can be addressed through introducing signing.
Both sessions will include practice of useful phrases and familiar children’s songs. A book “Signing and Down syndrome”, covering the signs in this course is available for £7.
Cost for one member of staff £80, for two members of staff £100.
Family members welcome £20.
Feedback from last year:
· I was able to memorise the actions easily due to the way the speaker described each sign. Better than a previous course
· Good structured course with good pace
· There was a good balance of listening and practical. Good support booklet too
· This course has been simple to follow and given me some fantastic strategies and ideas to use with and pass onto children in my classroom
· Fantastic course, really enjoyed learning the signs. Great pace. I enjoyed learning a new skill and I’m looking forward to using it with the children I work with
FULL DETAILS OF ALL COURSES THIS ACADEMIC YEAR PLUS BOOKINGS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE
Training | Down Syndrome Training and Support Service Ltd (downsyndromebradford.com)