The Ernest Cook Trust is an educational charity that gives grants to not-for-profit organisations in the UK wishing to encourage an environmentally engaged society.
The COVID pandemic has demonstrated how important being outdoors is to the mental and physical wellbeing of everyone. It has also highlighted inequalities in people’s abilities to access the outdoors.
The current round of funding is for grants to be used for:
- Wellies & Waterproofs - Research commissioned by The Ernest Cook Trust has identified that appropriate outdoor clothing and equipment is a key barrier for schools to access Outdoor Learning
- Nature & Nurture projects to create areas where young people can connect with nature within school grounds or within the local community.
Applications are accepted from UK state funded Primary and Secondary schools. This includes:
- Any UK state funded Ofsted Registered Primary, Middle, Secondary or High school
- Any UK state funded Special or Alternative Provision School
- Multi Academy Trusts, but applications must be made by the individual schools.
Grants of £500 per school are available.
The application window is currently open, it will close when sufficient grant applications have been approved.