Positive Handling Training to be run at Sandy Lane dates 28th April 2022 and 16th June 2022 (1 day course) - Cost £90 - to book or for more information please contact Diane Bonham via email or telephone (firstname.lastname@example.org
/ 01274 546493)
By the end of the training course, participants will be better prepared and able to -
- Understand and use appropriate protocols when it comes to managing difficult situations.
- Have an understanding of tips and tools to help de-escalate volatile situations.
- Know how to present robust due diligence evidence for Inspections.
- Carry out practical techniques to manage aggressive situations.
- Have a comprehensive understand of the legal aspects.
- Report incidents and near misses in an effective and professional manner.
The training includes –
- The Aggression Curve
- The SCARF Model
- DFES Guidance
- Use of Reasonable Force and the Duty of Care
- The Health 7 Safety at Work Act in Relation to Physical Intervention
- Human Rights
- De-Escalation Script – Practical
- Practical Session Including Prompts & Escorting
- Non Restrictive Holds
- Restrictive Holds
- Positional Asphyxiation
- Techniques to be Used
- The Searching Policy
- Personal Safety