The council is leading the development of a Digital Strategy for the Bradford District to ensure we co-ordinate and combine our infrastructure, data, resource and people to continuously focus on improving live-ability in Bradford. The key themes are Connected
District, Data-driven Decision Making, Smart Energy, Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion.
One key capability is to achieve 100% full fibre connectivity across the region and action is being taken to accelerate achieving this objective. This will mean schools will have the opportunity to benefit from 1Gb full fibre to the premise that will meet
their future connectivity needs for many years along with the savings this will bring as part of a whole district programme. The BLN 2022-2025 is the interim contract as the full programme is rolled out across the district.
The enhancements to the new 3 year BLN contract, procured on your behalf by Bradford Council, include:
- increase of entry connection size from 50Mb to 100Mb providing higher speed for less cost
- reduction in price on all connections with access to 100Mb, 500Mb and 1Gb
- reduction in per pupil fee across all phases
- access to Online Safety provision delivered by Innovation Services consultants
- DDoS prevention and state of the art edge and core firewalls for maximum security against threats
- all new, SD-WAN ready equipment providing internet first capability
If you have questions about your contract renewal and the options available or would like to enter into a contract with the BLN visit
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07983 476061.
Please note in order to provide a seamless transfer from your current service to BLN 2022-2025 you need to renew your contract online by 12 November 2021.