Furlough and claims to CJRS news item.
Following on from the announcement from the Prime Minister on Monday evening regarding the closure of Schools due to Lockdown 3.0, we appreciate that this will have an impact on budgets for out of hours care facilities that are partly or wholly funded by
a private source.
To help cover the cost of salaries the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has been extended until 30 April 2021. You can claim 80% of an employee’s usual salary for hours not worked, up to a maximum of £2,500 per month.
To Make a claim employees must follow the criteria below
- Employees who were employed on 30 October 2020, as long as you have made a PAYE Real Time Information (RTI) submission to HMRC between 20 March 2020 and 30 October 2020, notifying a payment of earnings for that employee.
- Salaries must be partly or wholly funded from a private source.
All employers with a UK, Isle of Man or Channel Island bank account and a UK PAYE scheme can claim the grant. You do not need to have previously claimed for an employee before the 30 October 2020 to claim for periods from 1 November 2020
Please find a link below to the HMRC website where you gain more information on the scheme.
Check which employees you can put on furlough to use the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If this is something that you would be interested in doing please you must complete the Furlough Spread sheet on BSO under Furlough Workbook on the link below ensuring
- One sheet is filled in for each calendar month employees are furloughed
- The exact dates of Furloughed staff are entered. ( we will not accept forwarded dated claims as circumstances change)
- The hours entered must be for the monthly hours furloughed/actually worked.
There a deadline and claims need to be submitted to HMRC by the 14th of the following months, in order for us to successfully claim from CJRS.it is really important that you submit one spread sheet for each month you are claiming for giving exact
dates and number of monthly furloughed hours and get this back to us by the 2nd of each following month.
- To payroll 2nd January for submission to HMRC 14?? January?? 2021
– final date to submit claims for December?? 2020
- To Payroll 2nd February for submission to HMRC 15?? February?? 2021 – final date to submit claims for January?? 2021
- To Payroll 2nd March for submission to HMRC 15?? March?? 2021
– final date to submit claims for February?? 2021
- To Payroll by 2 April for submission to HMRC 14?? April?? 2021
– final date to submit claims for March?? 2021
- To Payroll 2nd May for submission to HMRC 14?? May?? 2021
– final date to submit claims for April?? 2021
HMRC will not accept a claim once the deadline has passed.
If you require any further information or have any queries regarding the scheme of filing in the spread sheet please contact
Payroll Team Manager Donna Jones 01274 432967 or mobile 07582105314 or email