Airedale NHS Foundation Trust provides Speech and Language Therapy services for children aged 0-19.
We cover the Bradford Education geographical areas of Bingley, Keighley and Ilkley, and also the North Yorkshire areas of Skipton and Settle.
Referral information :
under 6 years - Parents should contact us directly to make an initial triage appointment . The majority of these will be by telephone in the first instance . Follow ups may be virtual or face to face.
Temporary Drop In Service Poster 2020-2021
Current waiting time is < 4 weeks
Over 6 years - Please complete the Referral Form and Checklist below and send to:
Children's Therapy Secretary, Child Development Centre, Airedale General Hospital, Steeton, KEIGHLEY, BD20 6TD or email CDC.firstname.lastname@example.org
Referral Form and Checklist
Referrals are triaged and sent to the most appropriate setting for assessment.
If the childs needs are complex we will consider whether the child meets the criteria for the Child Development SALT team
Eating Drinking and Swallowing
Speech and Language Therapists in the Child Development team also assess functional difficulties of eating , drinking and swallowing . Please contact the team on 01535 292821 to discuss referral .
We offer a variety of training relating to all areas of SLCN both face to face and online - watch out for our new training brochure coming soon or contact us on 01535 292821 to discuss your needs .
Traded services - brochure coming soon !
Please contact us if you would like to discuss traded services for your setting -
- Training tasters: - introduction to the training courses we offer / or a brief taster session of one of our courses
- Training follow-ups: Recap on training you have previously attended and revisit the learning and outcomes with support on starting to embed the learning within your setting
- Support with whole school approaches: Coaching and support on getting going with and embedding whole school approaches such as Colourful Semantics, Intensive Interaction and Makaton
- Intervention workshops: A chance to observe modelling of intervention approaches. Get support on setting up interventions or advice around where to go next with interventions already running in your setting
- Universal screening - screening of whole class/ year groups to identify speech. language and communication needs
- Communication environments - support to achieve Elklan Communication Friendly accreditation
- Universal Intervention package - for Nursery/ reception or reception / year 1 - to include a combination of the above
- Targetted Intervention package - for all year groups - including a combination of above , plus targeted interventions for identified pupils
Kath Lawler, Children's Therapy Secretary, Airedale General Hospital Tel: 01535 292821 Email:
Alison Rohatynskyj, Children's Therapy Manager, Airedale General Hospital Tel: 01535 292821 Email: email@example.com