There is work from schools, by children from Year 2 to Year 11, work by professional artists and by members of asylum seeker / refugee groups. As well as paintings, there are small-scale installations and an interactive exhibit.
The exhibition is at the Fabric Gallery, 33A Broadway, Bradford BD1 1HA. Opening hours are:
- Monday: 2-00pm to, 9-30pm
- Tuesday: 11-00am to 5-00pm
- Wednesday: 11-00am to 9-30pm
- Thursday: 11-00am to 9-30pm
- Friday: 11-00am to 5-00pm
- Saturday: 11-00am to 5-00pm
The exhibition is accompanied by a short programme of performances / activities:
- Thursday at 7-00pm: Story telling
- Friday afternoon: 'Refugee Voices' drama
- Saturday afternoon: Family craft workshops
The opening event is at 4-30pm on Monday 16 June. Young people from asylum seeker / refugee backgrounds will talk about their own experiences. There will be music from
Carlton Bolling College and the presentation of the first School of Sanctuary award, in Bradford, to
Horton Grange Primary School. Light refreshments will be available all evening. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME.