With the uncertainty for everyone as part of the national and international response to COVID-19, we are trying to be proactive in providing some continuity of service delivery, following the government’s advice in relation to social distancing.
Whilst we appreciate that as a school you are likely to be preoccupied with planning in relation to the virus, it would be useful to consider how to make use of your remaining EP time.
At present, when schools are open / accepting visitors and the EP is well, we are still carrying out visits.
All courses / Mental Health Champions meetings have been cancelled until after Easter.
Alternative activities that could be undertaken either now or in the case of schools being closed / EP self isolating are:
• Telephone consultations with parents or teachers
• Summary reports based on these consultations
• Planning of future bespoke training for parents or staff
• Review of strategic plans relating to SEN or mental health
• Making progress with consultation based contributions to EHCAs that have been submitted or you are planning to submit
• Liaison/guidance to parents/school staff on managing anxiety and potential spikes in mental health needs resulting from the current
pandemic, including offering a telephone consultation service
Please contact your EP by email or phone to discuss how you would like to proceed.