The Trinity Teaching School Alliance is offering funded support for non-specialist teachers (e.g. those who have a degree in a different subject) who currently teach Maths (or may be interested in doing so in future). Schools taking advantage of this training
may be better placed to respond to subject shortages.
The training will take place at The Maltings College in Halifax, Calderdale. There is no cost involved for schools, though they must commit to release the participating teacher for four workshops and for a half day school-based task.
If there is a group of schools/teachers in the area who wish to get together for the training, Trinity can also arrange for this to be delivered in a bespoke local ‘pod’/’pods’ to reduce the burden of travelling.
There is more information about the programme in the attached flyer.
There is more information here about other funded Subject Specialist Training opportunities in:
- Secondary Maths
- Core Maths
- Modern Foreign Languages
Pre-course Tasks: Audit and Initial Maths Challenges
Workshop 1: Wednesday 9 January 2019
- Bar Modelling and Fractions
Workshop 2: Wednesday 23 January 2019
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentage with links to Angle and Proof
Workshop 3: Wednesday 6 February 2019
- Ratio and Proportion with links to Similarity, Algebra and Directed Number
Workshop 4: Wednesday 6 March 2019
- Pythagoras and Trigonometry Algebra and Graphs plus Portfolio Review
Venue & Timings:
- The Maltings, Halifax HX2 0TJ
- All sessions will run from 9.00am until 4.00pm
The Commitment of the School
- To release the teacher for workshops.
- To release the teacher for a half day school based task.
To apply or to check your eligibility:
Please contact Corinne Angier, Trinity Teaching School Alliance
Email: email@example.com or