We are excited to announce our keynote will be delivered by local legend
Philip Webb. In his presentation, entitled 'It’s alright when it works', Philip will be looking at how technology can be integrated easily and creatively into teaching sequences in English, and in reading and writing across the curriculum. He will
suggest ideas about how digital and analogue methods can work in harmony in the modern curriculum and how important a visual approach is for many of our children.
Other speakers include
- Rob Smith, Literacy Shed Curator, who will discuss the use of film and image to enhance the teaching of reading and writing using film
- Charlotte Hacking from CLPE (Centre for Literacy in Primary Education) who will deliver sessions on the power of pictures and poetry
- Julian Wood, better known as @ideas_factory, who will astound and astonish us with a rapid fire selection of powerful tech tools to take away and use in the classroom
- Paul Tullock, Mr T – Teaching with Tech, who will demonstrate how he pushes boundaries in the classroom to inspire the next generation
- Alex Fellowes & Tim Bleazard who will perform a hands on session demonstrating how to get the best from the heady blend of drama and technology.
A range of relevant exhibitors, including EducationCity, Purple Mash and Pobble, have also been invited to showcase how their products can enhance the teaching of English in your school.
The event will take place between 09:15 and 15:15 with lunch and refreshments being provided.
The cost of the conference is £125 per delegate or £99 for Curriculum Innovation schools.
To find out more and to book your place online please click