Bradford Metropolitan District Council, in association with an external training provider, is pleased to offer a limited number of places on an IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) Managing Safely training course.
This 4-day health and safety training course is designed for people in an organisation who manage risk. It will provide you with the competencies to meet your health and safety responsibilities.
• To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace.
• To enable managers and supervisors to recognise how they can influence, control and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace.
Learning Outcomes - The learner will be able to:
1. Describe the key reasons to manage safety & health in the workplace
2. Define the key terms relating to safety & health
3. Identify how the law can have an impact on safety & health in the workplace
4. Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
5. Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
6. Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
7. List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health & safety management system
8. Describe the principles that underpin good safety & health performance
On successful completion of the written and practical assessments a certificate will be awarded by IOSH.
• Introducing Managing Safely
• Assessing Risks
• Controlling Risks
• Understanding responsibilities
• Understanding Hazards
• Investigating Accidents and Incidents
• Measuring performance
• Assessing Learning
Target audience: This course is aimed at school and external organisation employees who have management / senior supervisory responsibilities.
Participants MUST attend on all four days in order to pass the assessment.