If your service accepts cash as a method of payment, you need to prepare for the change as follows:
- Let students and parents / guardians know that you will not accept the old style coins after 15th October
- Make sure all your staff know about the change
- In the run up to 15th October, bank all old style £1 coins at the earliest opportunity
- Do not give old style £1 coins to your customers as change unless unavoidable
- Check your safes & cashboxes and spend or swap old style £1 coins for the new style coins (note – please don’t send old style £1 coins to the cash and security office asking for new style replacements).
After 15th October you must not accept old style £1 coins from students or parents / guardians.
Any old style coins can be exchanged at various banks after 15th October, but this is likely to be a temporary option only.