Bradford Council's Diversity and Cohesion Service is working in partnership with National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education (NRCSE) to support and develop
supplementary schools in the district and is looking to recruit teacher as volunteer mentors to work with these schools.
Purpose of the role:
- An opportunity for mainstream school teachers to support after school educational provision in Bradford through their experience
- Experience of working as a teacher in UK mainstream school
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be supportive in work with supplementary schools
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- The process of supporting a supplementary school will take 3-5 half day meetings over 3-6 months
- Assisting supplementary schools through the development process, giving guidance and acting as a critical friend.
- Each Volunteer Mentor will work with a supplementary school from initial introduction to higher level requirements through preparation of a Portfolio to attendance
at a Recognition Meeting.
- Regional Development Manager
- Induction to organisation
- 2 day training on understanding the role and Quality Framework to ensure standardised assessment
Reimbursement of expenses:
- Approved travel expenses will be reimbursed
- Monday, 14th of November 2016
- If you would like an informal conversation about the role please call Gosia McKane (Wednesday to Friday) on 07715410142 or Javed Bashir on 01274-439385.