The transition to secondary school is an important time for your year 6 pupils during which many of them will start to use public transport independently. Metro is supporting all year 6 pupils in West Yorkshire by offering
FREE Junior SAFEMARK transition workshops with FREE transport provided.
All Year 6 pupils in Bradford are invited to Metroville and even better still, the workshop and return transport is completely
FREE of charge.
Book your place now!
Junior SAFEMARK has been popular so far this year with many of Bradford's schools already booked on a place!
Book your year 6's onto a Junior SAFEMARK workshop by contacting Abbie on 0113 348 1771 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that June is now fully booked.
The workshop lasts around one and a half hours and schools can book a morning or afternoon session. During the session, pupils discuss public transport scenarios, watch a DVD, answer questions in a workbook and take part in a bus safety role play. All with
the opportunity to win prizes.
Summary of Junior SAFEMARK workshop:
- Planning a journey in advance – The importance of preparing for journeys including a discussion of potential scenarios when travelling independently.
- Online Journey Planning – using Metro’s website to plan a recreational trip or school journey.
- Finding school bus information and timetables on
www.generationm.co.uk, Metro’s young person’s website.
- Interpreting timetables – Finding bus times on a bus stop timetable.
- Metro’s Services – More ways to plan a journey – stressing importance of being able to find your way home safely.
- Bus safety – Role play session addressing bus safety and behaviour
Extra resources are available for teachers.
Metroville, Culture Fusion Bradford
At Bradford’s state-of-the-art youth facility Culture Fusion, Metroville is a new classroom that provides the ideal learning setting for Metro’s Junior SAFEMARK workshops which help pupils to develop valuable life skills in independent travel. Metroville’s
custom-made all-around blinds create a complete environment with its own streets, buildings, shops, vehicles and bus stops.
More information about SAFEMARK can be found on Metro’s young person’s website