Childcare changes lives. It has the potential to improve outcomes for children, provide a safeguard, and lift families out of disadvantage by supporting parents economic and employment choices and opportunities.
Everyone who works with families of young children can play a critical role in supporting their decisions to take up childcare. Understanding childcare, talking confidently and positively, and understanding what motivates families can support take up. Families
often perceive all sorts of barriers to not using childcare – we can all help break these barriers or exclusion and non-participation.
Changing Lives Through Childcare is a short interactive workshop designed for everyone who works directly with families with pre-school children. It provides a timely update for experienced staff and a comprehensive overview for new team members
from children’s centres teams, health visitors, JobCentre Plus, social care, schools, and other community groups etc.
These free workshops will:
- Explore what the early years and childcare entitlements are and why we have them.
- Consider the difference they make to children’s and families’ outcomes.
- Consider eligibility criteria for funded two, three and four year-olds.
- Unpick other schemes and government initiatives that support families to reduce what they pay for childcare.
- Examine the role parent-facing roles play in supporting families to take advantage of the entitlements and reduce childcare costs.
Booking is essential and click on the links to book your place. You only need to attend one of the workshops:
- Changing Lives through Childcare Online event 16 March 2021 12.30pm to 3.00pm –
- Changing Lives through Childcare Online event 22 March 2021 10.00am-12.30pm –
- Changing Lives through Childcare Online event 25 March 2021 12.30pm-3.00pm –
Here you can register, add the event directly to your calendar, and see who else is attending. Please remember to state your role, organisation and your local authority area when booking.