NewsWise Hub festival- schools offer.
1-Free programme resources.
NewsWise is an award-winning, free news literacy project for 9-11 year olds run in partnership by The Guardian Foundation, National Literacy Trust, and PSHE Association. Through the programme, schools deliver a 3 week cross-curricular English and PSHE unit
of work, to take their pupils on a journey to become NewsWise journalists, aiming to:
• Deepen their understanding of the news and how it is produced.
• Help them to critically navigate the news.
• Empower them to report and produce their own real news stories.
The unit of work (including 15 lessons and over 60 resources) is free for every primary school in the UK via our
2-Pupil workshops and News Literacy teacher training (limited spaces)
During the week of the 24th Feb 2020, the NewsWise team will be in Bradford delivering a ‘NewsWise Hub Festival’. We are delighted to offer you the chance to take part in the event, with the opportunity of free pupil workshops for your school
to help kick-start the unit of work. The offer includes:
• ‘Enter the Newsroom’ pupil workshop for your Year 5 or Year 6 pupils (1 school space remaining, to run on Monday 24th February in your school. Please email (email@example.com
with your interest).
• A free set of Guardian newspapers for each class
• Teacher training – Wednesday 26th of February from 9.30am till 3.30pm at the Cartwright Hall Museum. Sign up via the following link-
• Free teacher packs including guidance on delivering the project and 15 printed lesson plans
• Opportunities to showcase pupils’ work on our website.
• A year's free membership to the National Literacy Trust (usually £100)
• Support from us to arrange a school visit or skype call with a journalist
3-Family and pupil workshops in central venue (transport provided to venue, lunch included!)
Tuesday 25th February, 11am to 2pm at Bradford City football Club with pick up and drop off from school. Up to 20 parents and 20 children (40 in total). Email
Imran.firstname.lastname@example.org with expressions of interest.
We are delighted to offer you the chance to take part in the event, with the opportunity of a free family and pupil workshop for some of your year 5 or 6 pupils. The family event will be a fun, interactive workshop where pupils and their families (parents,
grandparents or adult (18+) siblings will work together in teams to solve puzzles and learn more about the news!