To Book: https://www.early-education.org.uk/supporting-young-multilingual-learners-bradford
Date: Thursday 6th February 2020
Time: 9am Registration, Course runs 9.30am - 3.30pm
Venue: St Edmund's Nursery School & Children's Centre, Washington Street, Girlington,
Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 9QW
- Members £150, or with early bird discount (until 26 December 2019) £120
- Non-members £180, or with early bird discount (until 26 December October 2019) £150
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
Most practitioners in the UK now work within complex communities and increasingly large numbers of children are bilingual. Teachers’ daily work is with children who speak more than one language but their curriculum and assessment frameworks are monolingual
and in English. This course will explore bilingual children’s use of first languages and learning of a new language in the early years. To give children the best chance of success, strategies will be suggested for fostering children’s bilingualism and supporting
and assessing the learning of a new language, creating environments where multilingualism is a positive resource.
By the end of the course you will:
- Make links with current policy guidance and discuss how to put this into practice with multilingual children and their families;
- Develop strategies for supporting all children’s early language and communication, where English may be an additional language;
- Understand the potential benefits of supporting early bilingualism;
- Develop an understanding of assessment and the stages of early bilingual learning.
TO BOOK: Click on the following link to book your place: