This Curriculum Innovation course will seek to address any concerns that you may have may have about the complexities of programming, provide you with a plethora of engaging activities and lesson sequences that you can use in your classroom straight away.
The course will be very hands on and include:
• Understanding and teaching the key vocabulary of coding at KS2.
• Teaching coding without a computer.
• Using ScratchJr to introduce programming at lower KS2.
• Utilising Kodu to introduce programming at lower KS2.
• Using Scratch to code games.
• Programming physical devices such a Micro:bits and Codebugs.
• Exploring useful websites and apps to support the teaching and learning of coding.
• Exploring the Bradford GameMaker’s Toolkit to enable pupils to create a range of interactive games.
To book your place please click here.