From September Ofsted will be asking the question: “How is your curriculum designed?” What they are seeking to find by asking this question is:
• How does your curriculum reflect the culture, climate and values of your school?
• How have you decided on the breadth of experiences you provide?
• Is the breadth of experiences suitable enough to promote social mobility?
• Does the breadth interweave coherently SMSC, including British values with academic studies rather than tagging them on?
• How is personal development defined and planned?
• How do you balance the drive for high standards with a full spectrum curriculum that emphasises high standards in both core and foundation subjects?
• How does the curriculum provide for physical and mental wellbeing?
• How do you manage to teach a full curriculum rather than focusing on national assessment criteria alone?
• Which innovations have you pioneered in designing your curriculum?
• How do you track pupils achievements in all subjects?
• What is the role of subject or other leaders in ensuring curriculum coverage, progression and improvements?
You can find out more about this event and book onto Chris' lastest CPD, "How designed is your curriculum?", via this