ME, my body, my friends, my life
Sexuality relationships education-(SRE) and Down syndrome
Friday 26th May and 9th June 2017, 9.30am to 2.30pm
The course will cover:
· How important SRE is for young people with learning disabilities. Names for body parts. Privacy.
· Puberty for girls, puberty for boys,
· Feelings, personal hygiene, self help skills.
· Touching, hugging, affection, friendships,.
· Safety in the community. Assertiveness. Abuse prevention strategies.
The signs for this topic are also covered and now available in a book —SRE and Down syndrome.
£95 per professional (£30 for a second professional from the same organisation)/£30 per parent. This includes a folder of handouts and a memory stick of resources for you to take and keep.
Refreshments provided but please bring your own lunch.