Date: Tuesday 23 May 2017
Time: 09:30 – 15:30 (registration from 09:00)
Venue: North East Learning Centre, Talbot Avenue, Leeds ,LS17 6SF
From September 2019, ALL primary schools (including academies, free schools, independent schools) in England must teach age-appropriate ‘relationships education’
The Children and Social Work Act has now gone through both houses of Parliament and received Royal Assent. Therefore statutory Relationship and Sex Education (in secondary schools) and Relationship Education (in primary schools) is now law from September
2019 and this is not affected by the General Election.
The law (Education Act 1996) states that ‘All schools
must provide an up to date policy that describes the content and organisation of the Sex and Relationships Education provided outside the National Curriculum.’
The SRE Policy is the responsibility of the Governors, and it ‘must be made available to parents for inspection’
In consultation with schools and other key stakeholders, the Health and Wellbeing Service has created
separate model policies for both SRE and PSHE which will be shared at this training event. The policies are in line with all the
most relevant law and guidance, both local and national, so schools can be sure they have included
everything that is required. Delegates will be given the model policies and have the opportunity to start working on them at the event.
The course will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- Have access to electronic copies of both the SRE and PSHE model policies
- Explore ways in which to review and update the existing policies to match the setting and needs of the individual school/setting and its pupils
- Update on the latest developments within SRE and PSHE.
- Allow delegates to start working on updating their policies to reflect these new developments
- Signpost the support available from the Health and Wellbeing Service in updating the policies
- Identify further training / support available to schools
Bookings and Enquiries:
To book a place on this course book online at: http://www.leedsforlearning.co.uk/Event/30179
If you have any queries about the contents of this course please contact Helen Smithies, PSHE & Healthy Schools Consultant, Health & Wellbeing Service: firstname.lastname@example.org