Men represent less than 2% of the early years workforce in the UK. This national conference will explore ways to engage more men in the early years sector, highlight the important role fathers play in the early lives of children, and build a legacy for
men’s roles in the early years for the future.
Acclaimed keynote speakers will give insight into the latest research in the field, while workshops hosted by experts will provide attendees with the opportunity to share practical approaches for engaging men in the early years. The conference is aimed
at both men and women in the early years sector, as well as dads and male carers.
- Jonathan Douglas, Director of the National Literacy Trust
- Dr. Anette Hellman, Senior Lecturer in Early Education at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Professor Steve Robertson, Professor of Men, Gender and Health at Leeds Beckett University
- Dr. Jo Warin, Senior Lecturer in Educational Research at Lancaster University
- Yuwei Xu, Lecturer in Children and Family Studies at Portsmouth University
- Anne-Marie Merifield, Executive Headteacher, St Edmund’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre
- Shahid Islam, Research Fellow at Better Start Bradford, University of Bradford Innovation Hub
- Consulting Dads in the Community (Abida Rafiq, Shahid Islam, Ian Thorpe - Better Start Bradford)
- Dads' Engagement in Children’s Centre Services (Qaiser Hussain, Hafeez Rehman - West Bradford Children's Centre Cluster)
- Engaging Dads from Eastern Europe (Juraj Tancos, Kulbir Bura, Ermina Kesedzic - West Bradford Children's Centre Cluster)
- Men’s Contribution to Children’s Physical Play (Joanne Josephidou, Bradford College)
- Risk, Policy and Professional Love (Robin Naylor, Mathew Ward)
- Setting up a Men in Early Years Support Group (Shaddai Tembo - Bristol Men in Early Years Network)
- The Dad Factor (Jeremy Davies - Fatherhood Institute)
- Using Cultural Settings to Engage Dads (Vicky Clifton, Penny Kathryn - National Media Museum)
- Using the Arts in Creative Play (Tim Curtis - artist)
- Workforce Development - recruiting and Retaining Male Workers (Anne-Marie Merifield, Sohail Shapal - St Edmund's Nursery School and Children's Centre)
For more information, please email email@example.com.