Course Aims :
This course will provide an overview of issues facing bereaved children and help practitioners to explore different ways of working with such children.
Course Objectives/Required Learning Outcomes are that that by the end of the course participants will:
• Apply an understanding of bereavement models to understanding how bereavement impacts on the young person
• Explore different ways of working with young people during times of grief.
• Be aware of ourselves in bereavement work and what challenges might be faced in dealing with bereaved children
• How to develop listening and communication skills with bereaved young people
• What to do practically in the moment to hold/contain a child when they are angry /crying/scared
• Ways to emotionally regulate children and use empathy including understanding the difference between sympathy and empathy
This is a Bradford district wide multi-agency course for anyone working in health, services to children and young people, education, police, CAFCAS, probation services, adult services, voluntary and independent sector and foster carers.
For more information and to book a place
please click here.