Do you work in a children's centre or a primary school?
Do you want to improve the achievemetns of children and young people?
Do you want to develop your leadership skills further?
Do you know what people need to do in order to transform and improve learning?
The flyer is available here
Dates, Times and Venues
Wednesday 18th January 2017 - 9am to 3.30pm,
Wednesday 15th February 2017 - 9am to 3.30pm
Thursday 4th May 2017 - 9am to 12.30pm
Wednesday 21st June 2017 – 9am to 12.30pm
All the above sessions at Cavendish Primary School, Hall Rd, Eccleshill Bradford. BD2 2DU
Wednesday 11th October 2017 – Twilight – Celebration
Cost and Booking
The cost to school to attend all 5 sessions is £299. Payment and bookings are to be made through Eventbrite (link below) by card or by cheque.
Payments by cheque should be made payable to: St Edmunds NS Teaching School quoting the order number shown on the Eventbrite ticket or booking confirmation email. Cheques should be sent to; Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School, St Edmunds NSCC, Washington
St, Girlington Bradford BD8 9QW.
How to get on the MLDP?
Discuss the programme with your Headteacher or senior member of staff responsible for CPD and then complete the attached application form. Competed forms need to be sent to Christian Bunting,(address below). Please note there are limited places available.
The closing date for applications is 9am on the16th January 2017. The application is available at: http://bradfordbirthto19.co.uk/download_file/view/205/312
You will develop skills and understanding and learn more about:
• Leading changes and improving the quality of teaching and learning to improve achievements;
• How to identify outstanding teaching and learning and leadership strategies to influence and improve the quality of teaching
• Getting the best out of colleagues, spotting and developing future leaders;
• Identifying your own personal leadership effectiveness;
• How to analyse and use performance data
• Working with others within and beyond your school, academy or children’s centre.
You will need to:
• Attend 2 full day and 2 half day face-to-face facilitation sessions within the cluster over the 10 months;
• Complete gap tasks between the sessions;
• Complete an improvement challenge based around closing the gap for a vulnerable group of children within school and spend time on personal learning and reflection.
When and where is the first MLDP cohort running?
The training will take place at Cavendish Primary School, Hall Rd, Eccleshill BD2 2DU.
Jonathan has been Deputy Headteacher at Cavendish Primary School for 5 years. He is part of the team that has driven the school to achieving their best ever results and gaining its ‘good’ OFSTED judgement in July 2016. Over his teaching career, Jonathan
has held many subject responsibilities including English, Maths, ICT and MFL. Jonathan has supported many schools in challanging circumstances creating postive raltionships with teams of staff that are built on trust and respect. He has particular expertese
in leadership development, improving teaching and learning and behaviour and safeguarding.
Jonathan is an experenced Middle Leadership Developmental Programme facilitator gaining accreditation from the National Teaching College.
Shabana has been Assistant and then Deputy Head at Lapage Primary School since 2008. She has driven improvements in teaching, learning and achievement firstly as a year 6 Maths classroom teacher and then in reading writing and maths across the whole school.
She now supports schools in Bradford who have been judged ‘RI’ in their teaching and learning of maths and is often ‘commissioned’ to deliver training at other schools throughout Bradford. Shabana has a ILM level 5 qualification in Coaching, she is an NQT
induction tutor and is a SCITT tutor and mentor.