Would you like to try out a new approach designed to raise attainment in year 6?
Would you be interested in funded literacy training (worth approximately £8000) to further support your EAL pupils?
Do you want to drive the professional development of your teachers and develop them as Literacy leaders?
Would you enjoy the benefits of being an EEF research partner school?
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a professional development programme focused on raising the attainment of all children currently in year 5, especially EAL pupils. The teachers from the selected schools will take part in the accredited, internationally
recognised Language in Learning Across the Curriculum (LiLAC) training and will be supported by leading practitioners to embed the approach into schemes of work.
- To improve literacy outcomes of students (particularly EAL pupils) by uy using a functional language approach to cross-curricular teaching and learning.
Rational for the research and funders
- This classroom approach, based on systemic functional linguistic (SFL), has shown to improve attainment on average by 9 months in a small local trial.
- To provide data
- To enable Year 5 teachers to complete the Language in Literacy Across the Curriculum (LiLAC) training
- To provide a named school lead
Benefit to school
- Trialling of new classroom approaches
- Fully funded LiLAC training, manual and support opportunities for teachers
- Access to shared schemes of learning developed across the project
- Engagement in a national research project
Places are limited and the deadline for completing a formal expression of interest is Friday 16th September 2016.
Please contact Jasdeep Kaushal on 07582 109134 or
email@example.com for more details