On 29 September we will be launching the "Dig For Victory" booklet that is the culmination of our Lottery-funded local history project. The event also marks the official opening of the other exciting new facilities in our grounds designed for use by schools
and the community.
- Our Year 3 children have been interviewing local people who lived in the area during World War 2. Their findings are being published in a booklet that will be distributed to local schools and libraries, and there will be an exhibition.
- The event also marks the official opening of the exciting new facilities in our grounds. As well as an Anderson shelter and drama park funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, we now have an "Adventurous Learning Space" funded by Awards For All. This includes
a wildlife area, story circle, forest school area, outdoor kitchen and sensory garden. As well as being our "outdoor classroom", we would like the area to be used by other schools and the wider community.
- We hope to have as many members of the local community as possible to this event, including the Dig For Victory interviewees.
- The school is on Thornton Road, Fairweather Green, Bradford BD8 0HJ. Street parking is available on Shuttleworth Lane and Vine Terrace West.
- Contact: Neil Griffin (teacher)
firstname.lastname@example.org 01274 488 703 07587158761