All funds raised will help raise money for local charities.
The Lord Mayor's committee has teamed up with Race the Dragon to bring back the very successful Lord Mayor’s Dragon Boat Festival which was held in May this year. It will be returning to Bradford on Saturday 7 May 2016 at the beautiful venue of Roberts
Park in Saltaire.
This is a fantastic 'not to be missed' opportunity for organisations and individuals to get involved. You will be able to have fun, get publicity and help raise money for the charities! Click on these links to learn more about the charities and to see
the promotional video https://youtu.be/jR7ufYmcGFA
All you need to do is:
- Put a team together of 17- 20 adults. They can be family/friends or colleagues/associates or a mixture of both. Age and fitness does not matter and no experience is required. The maximum a boat accommodates is 17 (16 paddlers and 1 drummer) but it is
advisable to have some reserves.
- Choose a captain for your team and register your team online with Race the Dragon through
- The Team registration is £500. This is paid direct to Race the Dragon who are the event organisers. You can pay £100 as an initial deposit ensuring that the remainder is paid up by Thursday 28 April 2016.
- Help to raise money for the Lord Mayor online through Local Giving. The team raising the most will win a prize! You could set a target (£50-100) for each team member and see who raises the most in your team too. Children could help by wearing a sponsored
'bandage' to school to raise awareness of the hospital charity and to support your team.
- Have fun!
On the day:
- Teams (and all their participants) will receive training from qualified coaches / helms-person.
- Teams will get 3 races and the best overall time will be put forward for the final heats.
- The fastest teams will race in the final.
- Winning team will get medals presented by the Lord Mayor.
- Photographs and videos will be made and put on to Youtube for the world to see what a fun, competitive and generous community Bradford is. Don't miss letting them know that you were there!
We realise that not everyone will be able to participate as space is limited and also that sometimes other commitments can make it difficult. If this is the case with you then please support us in other ways. Help us to publicise the event and 'adopt'
a team that your school can sponsor. Get behind the team and get family and friends to back them. We will have teams from all walks of life and (all being well) there will also be a boat containing a team of faith leaders as well as representatives from
the police force and armed forces. Some fo the cast from Emmerdale will also be praticipating on the day.
The key is for us to raise as much money as possible in order to make a difference to so many lives. Register today so that you are not disappointed.