They will learn how to take the features that are most beneficial for their school and use them effectively.
Google Apps for Education is a free, powerful, web based suite of tools that can be used by pupils, teachers and administrators.
Users can have access to create emails and calendars for groups or individuals. Docs, Sheets and Slides allow pupils to make documents, spreadsheets and presentations on any tablet or computer.
You can also create web sites, forms, customised maps, drawings, flowcharts and more. Google Apps allows users to keep work private, share with groups or publish to the web. Google Classroom allows teachers to set, collect and evaluate tasks to bring the
suite of tools together.
The course content covers:-
- Registering Google Apps for Education.
- Setting up groups for effective use.
- Using the core suite of tools effectively in English, Maths and Computing.
- Accessing extra marketplace apps.
- Using Google Apps for pupils with special needs and pupils with English as an additional language.
- Setting up and using Chromebooks. Chromebooks are laptops running Google’s operating system. Pupils can be logged in and working in less than ten seconds. The management licence makes Chromebooks easy to manage.
The course will be delivered by Tim Bleazard, Google Authorised Education Trainer and Google Certified Teacher at the Innovation Centre Bradford. To find out more and to book your place please click