Junior SAFEMARK FREE travel workshops for Year 6 pupils available to all schools in Bradford - Book now! There are still a few places left!
Junior SAFEMARK workshops help to prepare Year 6 pupils for the world of public transport prior to their transition to secondary school. Many young people experience public transport for the first time as they travel to their new school or become more independent
in their free time. Metro is supporting this transition by offering a free transition workshop with free transport provided.
Junior SAFEMARK is very popular and places are disappearing quickly. Booking forms were sent to all Bradford schools on 25th September, if you have yet to receive your booking form please email
The workshop lasts around one and a half hours and can either be booked in a morning or afternoon session. During the session, pupils will discuss public transport scenarios, watch a DVD, answer questions in a workbook and take part in a bus safety role
play. All of these have the opportunity to win prizes.
Summary of Junior SAFEMARK workshop:
- Planning a journey in advance- The importance of preparing journeys including a discussion of potential scenarios when travelling independently
- Online journey planning- Using Metro’s website to plan a recreational trip or school journey
- Finding school bus information and timetables on www.generationm.co.uk – Metro’s Young Person’s website
- Interpreting timetables- Finding bus times on a bus stop timetable
- Metro’s services- More ways to plan a journey stressing the importance of being able to find your way home safely
- Bus safety- Role play session addressing bus safety and behaviour
Extra resources are available for teachers.
Metroville, Culture Fusion Bradford
The workshop is held at Bradford’s start-of-the-art youth facility Culture Fusion. Metroville is a new classroom that provides the ideal learning setting for Metro’s Junior SAFEMARK workshop which helps pupils to develop valuable life skills in independent
travel. Metroville’s custom-made all-around blinds create a complete environment with its own streets, buildings, shops, vehicles and bus stops.
More information about SAFEMARK can be found on Metro’s Young Person’s website