Eighty schools already deliver this programme successfully, but there is a need for more to be delivered.
There are now 80 primaries trained in Family Links but there is a gap in parenting programme delivery for parents with children aged 5-13 years across Bradford.
Thus, we are looking at targeting primary school staff to offer the hugely successful Family Links’ Parent Group Leader Training, which is suitable for those working with parents/carers/families and who have the capacity to offer parenting
courses within their setting.
The places are being offered free to your setting and the £800 fees will be paid on your behalf out of Parenting Early Intervention funding.
In return you must commit to:
- Attending and completing the 4 days' training and one day refresher a year later
- Delivering a minimum of 2 groups per academic year.
- Working with partner schools to deliver where possible as 2 trained staff are required to be able to deliver the course.
- Ensuring that you can fund resources, refreshments and associated costs of running groups (Approx £200 per group).
- Completing and returning the course paperwork, monitoring information and an Outcome Star evaluation
Dates: Day 1 - 30 November 2015
Day 2 – 1 December 2015
Day 3 – 7 December 2015
Day 4 – 8 December 2015
Venue: Fairfax Learning and Development Centre, Flockton Road, Bradford, BD4
Times: 8.45am – 4.30pm
Lunch: Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Please note that failure to attend the training once booked on, and failure to deliver the programme as agreed will result in the £800 fees being recouped.
If you would like to take up this training offer or would like further information, please contact Eve Remington to arrange a meeting or discuss:
Eve.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07582 100993