CBMDC Occupational Safety Team
Successful Management of Health and Safety in Schools
Tuesday 28 April 2015, 1500 - 1700
Room C, Future House
If you are new to your post or simply feel in need of a refresher, you are also welcome to attend. It will
provide an opportunity to hear some of the key messages relevant to effective management in this subject area.
Issues covered will include:
- Levels of training / competence
- Risk assessment
- Assessing classrooms and curriculum risks
- Selecting and managing contractors
- Work at height and manual handling
- Workstations and display screen equipment
There will also be presentations from schools who:
- Have successfully implemented a health a safety management system
- Have learned lessons following an investigation and prosecution by the Heath and Safety Executive
There will be a chance to ask questions and arrange a routine visit if you haven't already
Finally, in response to the number of schools raising queries and DfE guidance referring to defibrillators, there will be a short presentation from the Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
Refreshments will be provided.
There is no charge for the seminar.