Global Sanctuary Education Network (GSEN) is a joint venture by Sanctuary in Schools and Global Community Outreach. Sanctuary in Schools is part of Bradford City of Sanctuary and Global Community Outreach is the home of the new Thank U Bradford campaign.
GSEN aims to help young asylum seekers to make the most of their lives in Bradford. We want to do this in three ways:
- Help with school or college work, including maths and English, on a one-to-one basis, with the aim of raising attainment
- Access to structured peer support, through discussion of the challenges of life as a young asylum seeker or refugee
- Helping young asylum seekers and refugees to understand their rights and responsibilities towards their local community in Bradford, including how they can contribute to the city.
Venue and times
- Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Bradford BD5 0LN
- Every Saturday
- 4-00 to 5-30pm, with an optional hot meal to follow
The GSEN sessions run alongside an all-age drop-in for asylum seekers, refugees and other new arrivals. Parents / carers of young people attending GSEN will be very welcome to attend the drop-in.
All volunteers will have DBC checks and training in safeguarding. We have some volunteers from the sixth-form and others who are older.
For more information contact Mary Blacka, Bradford City of Sanctuary, on 07415307389.