Children Missing Education

If a child is removed from the school roll without a known destination school, a referral to the Education Social Work Service should be made.

We would like to remind all schools that if you remove a child from the school roll because they have gone missing with their families or have failed to return from a period of leave of absence and you are not aware of them being admitted to another school then you must make a Children Missing Education referral to the Education Social Work Service in order that no child slips through the net.

The Education Social Work Service referral form can be found here


Published: 14/10/2014
Audience: Headteachers, Attendance Leaders, Attendance Officers
Contact: Neil Hellewell

This item has been viewed 385 times.