The Opportunity Area is seeking to award a contract, with a value of up to £90,000 over a period of 11 months (October 2019 – end Aug 2020).
The successful provider will be required to work with the Youth Service to access a range of young people from across the district and to further develop and strengthen the role of Young Ambassadors. The key delivery elements include:
· Identifying and convening groups of disadvantaged young people from each of the 5 constituency areas – ‘change makers’.
· Provide self-efficacy training and support ‘change makers’ to identify and articulate the priorities for change of young people in their communities.
· Helping ‘change makers’ identify and engage strategic partners to help deliver their priorities.
· Provide ongoing support to ‘change makers’ on projects. Including allocating and overseeing funding to constituency ‘change maker’ groups.
· Embed the youth voice in Bradford at strategic level through challenge and advocacy. This will support the City of Youth initiative being led by Bradford MDC.
The successful provider will be expected to work in partnership with the Bradford Youth Service who are commissioned to develop the OA Young Ambassadors programme and will be a key delivery partner to the successful provider.
The market information event will be an opportunity for providers to ask questions and develop their understanding of the specifications of the commission.
The successful provider will have significant experience of successful youth engagement.
· Background information
· Youth empowerment expectations and why this is important for Bradford
· Procurement timetable
Book a place via Eventbrite:
Date: 2nd July 2019 Venue: St. Edmund’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre, Washington Street, Bradford, BD8 9QW Cost: FREE Time: 14:00 – 16:00