Following our highly successful showcases in Spring and Summer of 2019, Burley Woodhead English Hub is delighted to announce further phonics and early reading half day showcases. These free events are designed for us to work in partnership with you to evaluate
what is working well in your current phonics and early reading teaching and what you could introduce to ensure all children become confident readers.
Outline of the morning
· Research-based approach to reviewing your current practice in school,
· Opportunities to see phonics being taught and applied through decodable books,
· Practical activities and sharing of good practice by Literacy Specialists,
· Review of resources available to teach phonics and early reading,
· Support with action planning (supply cover up to £360 can be funded by the Hub to cover costs) with potential to access funding for further training and resources,
· Follow up email/telephone conversation with one of our Literacy Specialists following the event.
Who should attend?
One Headteacher / senior leader and one reception/KS1 teacher with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic, synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (2 members
of staff per school)
When and where are the showcase events?
· Wednesday 25th September 9.15am—12.30pm Saltaire Primary School
· Thursday 17th October 9am—12.30pm Steeton Primary School (RWI focus)
· Friday 8th November 9.15am—12.30pm Burley Woodhead Primary School
· Wednesday 20th November 9am—12.30pm Newby Primary School
· Wednesday 22nd January 2020 9am—12.30pm Newby Primary School
Interested? To book your 2 free places per school, go to
More information: www.burleywoodheadenglishhub.com