This course gives Safeguarding, pastoral, anti-bullying and PSHE leads in schools the knowledge, tools and confidence to train colleagues on tackling homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying.
It also helps them to understand how to support lesbian, gay, bi and trans young people, as well as meeting the requirements of the new Ofsted inspection framework. Participating schools become members of Stonewall’s School
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying, and celebrate difference.
- Practical ways to support lesbian, gay, bi and trans young people.
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Meet Ofsted requirements in terms of PDBW SMSC
- Find out how to meet your Ofsted and legal requirements under the Equality Act 2010.
- Best practice in terms of working with your school community including LGBT parents and families.
You will receive a wide range of resources including, templates for pupil friendly anti bullying policies, staff scripts to ensure consistency, model letters to parents, posters, DVDs to use with pupils.
This course is supported by the Department of Education and the government office for Equalities.
VENUE: The courses will take place at the Cow and calf Ilkley Hangingstone Road LS29 8BT