This is a 2 day course designed for teachers and teaching assistants who wish to explore the use of film technology as a tool for enhancing literacy lessons. Beginning with the role that film can play in the classroom, the course will explore a variety of
film related skills and techniques, from film analysis and shot direction to creating content using accessible technology and software.
The content of each session will reflect on the support that each film technique brings to literacy lessons. Over the two days we will explore:
• the partnership between guided reading and film, how film can be used to impact upon reading levels
• strengthening spelling, punctuation, grammar through film
• linking film tasks to short writing outcomes
• teaching fiction and non-fiction through film
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course
- understand how film can be used in the primary classroom to improve engagement in literacy
- gain ‘hands on’ experience of different types of media technology
- develop teaching strategies and resources for the implementation of film literacy in your classroom.
Fees - £551.00 plus VAT but you are eligible for a £578 ENTHUSE Award! Teachers or technicians working in state-funded schools and colleges in the UK are eligible for a £578.00 ENTHUSE Award which can be used to contribute towards the cost
of professional development activities provided through the National Science Learning Centre.
NB This is a 2 day residential course run at The National Science Learning Centre, York YO10 5DD
To book your place please click