As early years professionals, we play a vital role in helping children take the first steps in their writing journey.
In this half day face to face training event, we will look at the child development process and critical skills essential for future successful writers.
Writing develops alongside all learning areas, especially communication and language, reading and mathematics. The aim of the training is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to support early mark making and writing skills.
The training will cover:
- Child development stages
- Key essential physical and intellectual skills
- Activities, Provision & resources to promote writing
- Promoting engagement through children's interests and the Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning
- Stages of emergent writing
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- The early writing process
- Make connections between the areas of learning
- Essential experiences and opportunities child need to develop early writing skills
Date and Time
24 Nov 2023 09:00 - 12:00 Price per delegate £90. Book through Skills 4 Bradford
Margaret McMillan Tower (MMT / For room please ask at reception) , Prince's Way, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1NN