'Broadford to Bradford' has been written by 6 children from Bowling Park Primary. The book is all about the history of Bradford, told from the perspective of the children. They have researched our fascinating history, worked with Richard O'Neill and Michelle
Russell to design the content and illustrations, and were involved in all editorial meetings!
The school is so proud of the children and their determination to create a book which reflects our wonderful city.
A few limited edition signed copies have also been placed in the mail, so please let us know if you receive one of these extra special copies.
When you receive the books, here are some suggestions of things you could do:
- Put copies in your school library
- Give it to a class to use in a topic or book project
- Read it in an assembly and invite children to talk about their experiences of Bradford
- Take it with you when you visit any of Bradford's brilliant attractions or museums
- Post about it on social media to raise the profile of the history of Bradford
Whatever you decide to do with it, please let school know - send photos or stories to firstname.lastname@example.org