We are currently looking for mainstream secondary schools across England that have not previously received TISUK’s Whole School or Diploma Practitioner training but are interested in implementing a whole school Trauma Informed approach. The evaluation will
consider the impact of Trauma Informed Practice on young people’s behaviour and wellbeing.
The Youth Endowment Fund (YEF) funds promising projects in England and Wales that aim to prevent children and young people from becoming involved in violence – especially those aged between 10 and 14-years old. To find what works, the YEF evaluates every
project it funds. They use this knowledge to scale up effective programmes, spread good practice and guide decision makers on which services or approaches are most likely to keep children and young people safe.
Recruited schools will be randomly allocated to either a control group, or an intervention group; this allows us to compare the impact of the intervention against what would have happened if we had changed nothing. Intervention schools will receive extensive,
funded training from TISUK between January 2024 and March 2025 to include: whole school training, senior lead/diploma training for up to 12 staff, network consultancy support, reflective supervision workshops for 1-2 staff members and access to key webinars.
Both intervention and control schools will receive a financial incentive for completing evaluation tasks.
Information about the project:
As part of the trial, pupils who are in Year 8 in September 2023 will be surveyed and a proportion of intervention schools will be chosen to take part in interviews and focus groups.
Each intervention school will receive extensive, funded training from TISUK between January 2024 and March 2025 to include:
- Whole School training (2 x 3-hour sessions, 2 terms apart)
- 2-day Senior Lead training for 4-7 staff members
- 11-day Diploma in Trauma and Mental Health Informed Schools for 4-7 staff members depending on school size
- Network Consultancy Support
- 4-day Reflective Supervision workshops for 1-2 staff members
- Access to 4 key webinars for staff and students
Schools who meet the eligibility criteria for this trial will:
- Be mainstream, non-fee-paying secondary schools.
- Not have received whole school or diploma practitioner training from TISUK in the last three years.
- Not currently be taking part in a different randomised controlled trial that would conflict.
For more details about the trial or to sign up your school, contact firstname.lastname@example.org