The Leap in partnering with Mission 44, Bradford College and Bradford Council offer Year 10 & 11 students a practical, hands-on workshop where you'll build a model engine and learn about where your interest in engines could take you in the future and career
Through building a functional model of a 4-cylinder Engine, the workshop will enable participants to :
- Build an engine from component parts to a completed, battery powered working model.
- Understand how a combustion engine works - it's main operating principles and functions.
- Appreciate the practical skills required in engine building.
- Learn about mechanical systems and engineering.
- Ignite your passion for engineering , automotive technology and careers in STEM and motorsports.
- Work with an educator and experience a valuable learning experience
The Model Engine Marvels workshop will be held at Bradford College, BD7
1AY . The exact workshop times are to be confirmed, but currently we imagine beginning at 9:30 am with a finish between 3 to 4 pm. (We will confirm the exact times shortly)
For more information or to book, please contact BradfordCTE@bradford.gov.uk