Join us for the first Schools of Sanctuary event of the school year to learn more about the Schools of Sanctuary programme and award scheme.
Date: 26 Sep 2023
In this short online webinar, we will introduce:
- a background to the Schools of Sanctuary programme
- an overview of the steps to be awarded a School of Sanctuary
- the eight minimum criteria to be awarded as a School of Sanctuary
- top tips for moving forward in the most meaningful and time efficient ways
- key resources and opportunities to support you this academic year
Recently awarded schools will share some details from their own experiences of working towards the award and offer advice and there will be opportunities to ask questions.
Register for your free place
The School of Sanctuary award is available to all schools in the Bradford district. The award recognises and rewards good practice. Schools need to:
- Learn about what it means to be seeking sanctuary and about the lives of asylum seekers and refugees in the UK.
- Embed this knowledge and understanding in the curriculum and the daily life of the school.
- Share this new knowledge with the school’s wider community.
You can find out more in our Schools of Sanctuary Resource Pack.
If you’d like to see how far your school is along the Sanctuary Award journey, why not try out our helpful schools’ audit tool? For teaching resources, CDP, training
ideas and inspiration, see the Bradford Schools and Colleges of Sanctuary Teaching Resource Pack.