This will be delivered at St Peters House in Bradford and also in Keighley Library. This is a free course to anyone 19+ and will last approx. 25-30 weeks. Learners will need to commit to one full day per week.
The course will provide an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children/young people in a school environment. Please see attached leaflet for more information. Learners will need to show competence in both skills and knowledge
therefore ideal if they are already working in a school or volunteering, if not a work placement can be arranged.
The course will cover 12 units, these are:
- Communication and professional relationships
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supervise whole class activities
- Engage in personal development in children’s setting
- Support Children and young people’s health and safety
- Team working
- Understand children and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children
Approx. start date for the course will be early October and we anticipate there will be high interest in this course. To apply learners or schools need to email
firstname.lastname@example.org giving the course title/level, learner name, email address, phone number, DOB, postcode plus their preferred site (Bradford or Keighley). We will then book the learner in for an assessment at the chosen site.