Just a reminder that DfE funding is available for Bradford schools to upgrade/replace and possibly extend their present Wi-Fi infrastructure. To start the process schools need to complete this form - CTC_2022_Network
Asset Form v0. 2 28112022. We advise you complete the form and submit
it ASAP as there will be a high demand on local technical support providers to complete the installs in the coming months.
Slides from the introductory webinar can be viewed
here. If you have questions about the initiative contact ConnectTheClassroom.DfEICT@education.gov.uk - include your school URN and name in the subject line of the email.
If you are unsure how to complete the form and need further support contact Bradford Council’s Education ICT team (EICT)
A summary of the initiative is below
- DfE grant funded initiative, open to all schools in Priority Investment Areas, and those schools with an Ofsted report of “Inadequate” or “Requires Improvement” in Education Investment Areas. Bradford is included in both of these areas.
- It is a condition-based grant that funds schools to upgrade (and sometimes extend to full site coverage if not already) their wireless network across the site. It also funds associated Wi-Fi work such as replacing switches and, in some cases, network cabling.
The grant covers the full cost of work.
- The solution must comply with the DfE Output Specification.
- The school is the procurement agent and so has to comply with their own procurement rules e.g. 3 quotes, and the contract is owned and managed by them with their chosen supplier.
- Schools will be asked to submit a proforma “Network Assessment Form” to assess the extent of their eligibility, and a standardised Quote from them provided by their preferred supplier.
- The preferred solution and costs will be evaluated by the DfE Connect the Classroom team before approval.