Do I have to take part?
• It is completely up to you if you would like to take part. If you decide not to take part, nothing bad will happen and you do not have to give a reason for your decision.
• If you would like to take part, you will be asked to sign a form saying that you agree to be part of the study.
• It’s okay to change your mind, and you can say you don’t want to take part any more whenever you like. If you do this, you can ask us to get rid of any data you have given us, and we will not use this in our study.
• It’s a good idea to talk to an adult who you trust to help you decide whether you want to take part. This could be a teacher, carer, support worker, youth worker or someone else
What is invovled in taking part?
• We’d like to interview you at least once in Year 10, then again in Year 11.
• We’d like to spend some time with you at school and maybe in other settings if relevant to you to see what you do on a day-t o-day basis. This may involve shadowing you for at least one day in Year 10 and again in Year 11.
• We may also want to do some participatory activities with you, this may take the form of drawing and writing on paper to indicate life events and things that you have experienced that have shaped who you are as a person and what you feel about certain
things such as school and what to do after year 11.