Burley Woodhead English Hub Showcase Event
Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School has been designated by the DfE as one of 32 schools nationally to work as an English Hub. We are working in partnership with schools in Bradford, Craven, Richmondshire and Hambleton to promote early reading using a
systematic, synthetic phonics approach and develop a love of reading.
Our free showcase events are designed for us to work in partnership with you to evaluate what is working well in your current phonics and early reading teaching and what could be introduced to ensure all children become confident readers.
Outline of the morning
- Research-based approach to reviewing your current practice in school,
- Opportunities to see phonics being taught and then applied through decodable books,
- Practical activities and sharing of good practice by Literacy Specialists from across Bradford,
- Review of resources available to teach phonics and early reading,
- Support with action planning (supply cover can be funded by the Hub to cover costs) with potential to access funding for further training and resources,
- Follow up email/telephone conversation with one of our Literacy Specialists following the event.
Who should attend?
One Headteacher / senior leader and one reception/KS1 teacher with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic, synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (2 members
of staff per school)
When and where are the showcase events?
- Friday 15th March 9.15am—12.30pm Burley and Woodhead CE Primary (NEARLY FULL)
- Wednesday 1st May 9.15am—12.30pm Burley and Woodhead CE Primary (LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE)
- Wednesday 22nd May 9.15am—12.30pm Burley and Woodhead CE Primary
- Friday 21st June 9.15am—12.30pm Burley and Woodhead CE Primary
Interested? To book your 2 free places per school, go to
More information: www.burleywoodheadenglishhub.com